Primary care solutions
These speech to text software solutions have been developed for Primary Care Professionals to increase productivity and efficiencies. We use digital dictation, speech recognition and workflow management to reduce turnaround times and improve processes.
The type of professionals these solutions support include: GPs, GP assistants, GP registrars, practice nurses, community nurses, health visitors, midwives, support staff, receptionists, secretaries, clerical staff, practice managers, IT technicians/professionals and other professionals working in small medical teams or centres.
Software solutions for Primary CareWe offer cursor dictation solutions for our primary care providers for teams with between 1 and 25 users. These solutions offer front-end, real-time speech recognition. The solutions are easy to deploy, rich in end-user features and can boost information capturing directly into the departmental information systems or EPRs.Our products allow you to dictate directly into any programme (i.e. Word, Notepad etc), email or your Patient Administration System. They are fully equipped with medical dictionaries and can help you to create documents within an instance.
For more information about our software solutions please contact our Sales Team on (0208) 555 9041
- Get set up within an hour (dependent on the number of users and set up)
- No more typing, save a lot of time
- Speech to text in an instant
- Suitable to dictate in Word, in your own templates or your Patient Administration System
- Extremely cost effective with proven ROI
- No internal IT support required.
- Get set up within an hour (dependent on the number of users and set up)
Dictate whilst on the go!More and more GPs and clinicians need to provide patient notes whilst on the go. We offer a suite of mobile solutions to fit your needs. Our solutions allow you to capture patient data whilst on home visits with your smartphone or tablet. Simply start recording and our app will handle the workflow for your document.You can easily transfer your dictations to your typist. The app is secure and offers you a more efficient way of working, wherever you are.
Getting up and runningThe implementation process is extremely simple. The amount of time required for installations is completely dependent on the number of users but we’d generally recommend about one hour per user. You do not need a server or any of your IT support to implement our solutions. We have a team of experts at hand to support you with your implementation.Training packages are delivered around your requirements. These generally include train the trainer sessions where IT professionals or senior members of staff are taught how to use and support the software.
Hardware solutionsWe offer the complete solution for our customers. We work in partnership with the two leading hardware vendors for speech recognition across the market, Philips and Olympus. These relationships are longstanding partnerships with both vendors. All of our customers have varying needs and requirements and our experienced Sales Team can help guide you. Ensuring you choose the right hardware for your place of work.All hardware provided by us has a three year guarantee.Our most recommend hardware devices from the two suppliers are as follows:
- LFH-3500 also known as the SpeechMike Premium - this handset has a free floating, decoupled microphone, a built in noise reduction pop filter, optimised control panel with tactile buttons and ergonomic design and up to 60 cm/23 inches barcode scanning
- DPM-8100 - this Pocket Memo device has a 3D microphone which delivers the best audio quality in any recording situation. It has a built-in motion sensor for automatic microphone selection and robust stainless steel casing for extra durability
- DPM-8500 - this Pocket Memo device similar to the 8100 has a 3D microphone for best audio quality. It also has a slide-switch operation (record, stop, play, fast rewind) and an integrated barcode scanner.
To find out more about our hardware suppliers, click on the logos below:For a full range of our hardware solutions, contact us today: +44 (0)208 555 9041.
- DR-2300 - this device has a powerful integrated speaker for clear playback, it also has a directional microphone to help to reduce background noise. It has a mulit-functional slide switch and ergonomic design
- DS-7000 - this device has been built for durability with it's metal‑bodied unit. It has a large colour LCD screen to provide the best usability with maximum recording quality.
- SC1 Barcode Scanner Module for DS-5000iD/DS-5000 - this module enables automatic allocations of voice files to unique case, client or patient records. It eliminates the possibility of mistyping to ensure 100% conclusive and secure identification. This therefore boosts workflow efficiency, effectiveness and veracity.
SecurityWe understand the importance of security when dealing with patient identifiable data. We align all of our working with recognised industry standards. We are ISO 27001 accredited.Our mobile app transfers audio files via a secure built-in SSL, 256bit encryption for maximum security. Our recommended pocket memo hardware devices are also encrypted to 256bit Advanced Encryption Standard.Confidential jobs can be easily escalated to preferred typists, ensuring patient confidentiality.If you have any questions about security we’d be happy to answer them. Simply get in touch with a member of the team.
How it works
What is digital dictation? What is speech recognition?
Digital DictationDigital dictation allows professionals to record and edit the spoken word in real-time. Recording is created using a digital recorder. These devices are lighter, have a longer battery life, offer mobility whilst dictating and record for as long as required utilising the same device. The devices are password encrypted and ensure security of patient identifiable data. Analogue machines are a thing of the past.At G2 we offer an intuitive interface which allows professionals to quickly and simply generate a dictation and create a workflow for your typists to follow. This allows all dictations to be kept in one secure location whilst offering the clinician the option to track the progress of the document right through to completion. It’s also extremely handy for audit purposes!
Speech RecognitionSpeech recognition is the translation of spoken words into text. It is a proven tool for creating efficiencies and improving productivity.There are two different types of speech recognition – they are front-end or back-end. Front-end speech recognition is where the professional dictates into our system and the words are recognised and displayed simultaneously as they are spoken. Back-end or deferred speech recognition is where the professional dictates into our system, the speech is then directed through our speech recognition solution and the recognised, completed document is directed along with the original voice file to the editor.As speaking is five times faster than typing, speech recognition is proving extremely popular in the healthcare industry.
Customer recommendationsDon’t just take our word for it, here’s a bit about what our customers have to say about our products:Andy Barker, Team Leader and Clinical Specialist for SEPT said: “It was very straight forward and pain-free! The solution is highly impressive. It’s made my working life so much better. I can get things done so much quicker. I’ve managed to free up lots of time. I have already used it to create countless emails and documents!”Dr Aash Bansal, GP/Partner at Harford Health Centre said: “Since the introduction of the digital solution at the practice, my life has become a lot easier. To have all of our files available electronically in one central location has had countless benefits for audit purposes and for ensuring patient information is kept in a secure position. I tend to use backend speech recognition. This type of recognition is automated behind the scenes. The software automatically identifies my speech and words from my voice profile and sends a complete file for my secretary to check through. This has meant that our clinical correspondence has been streamlined and reduced our turnaround times for letters significantly.”Dr Jane Snell, GP at Station Road Surgery said: “I am really enjoying using Dragon Medical, the speech recognition system has helped reduce the time I spend documenting notes. What is best about the Dragon Medical software is that it is up to 98% accurate, I wasn’t expecting it to work so well but have been impressed with the extensive medical vocabulary. Of course it makes the odd mistake – mostly with new drug names – but I have been able to add these to the dictionary and found that the system learns quickly.”