G2 Speech recently attended the ‘Urgent Care: Improving Patient Flow’ conference in Manchester, UK. This event explored the current patient flow trends within the hospital urgent care system, their challenges and the solutions which can be put in place to counteract these.
Colleagues James Stapleton, Michael Spink and Daniel Eyre attended this event, alongside Director Mike Heseltine from Recognosco and Andrew Rawlings, National Account Manager at Olympus.
The conference was a great success, with delegates commenting that the event was useful, fruitful, informative, well attended and enjoyable.
Various topics were discussed during this event:
- The use of a ground-breaking clinical triage tool to avoid the need for hospitalisation
- How demand for healthcare services is predictable, and how we can align real treatment capacity with it
- Understanding demand to improve flow and outcomes for people experiencing a mental health crisis
- How to efficiently support the discharge from hospital of individuals who need social care support.
Using hardware from our partner Olympus, colleagues demonstrated the latest advancements in SpeechReport, our digital dictation, speech recognition and workflow management solution.
In particular, they focused on:
- G2 Analytics, a reporting module which assists with operational and patient flows and allows organisations to improve efficiencies, therefore helping them to avoid penalties by meeting key NHS patient treatment targets
- G2 Mobile, which allows paramedics to use mobile technology to record notes and streamline handover while in transit to A&E
- Structured Reporting, which allows for the fast creation of standardised reports, with the ability to extract vital data. This module allows e-discharge to be achieved with a 50% saving on time and integrated e-distribution.
SpeechReport uses the latest technology to optimise the reporting process and collect vital data for analysis and management information. Our solution can assist organisations in providing a seamless patient flow and transfer of care, enabling them to offer the best standard of care to patients. Our solution is the perfect for the needs of busy A&E departments, and we continuously work with healthcare organisations to improve it and create new features which tie in with their ways of working.
We would be very happy to discuss your needs and how our solution can help you achieve your goals. Please contact a member of our team on 0208 555 9041 or at email@example.com.