The Healthcare Efficiency Through Technology Event takes place annually in London and brings together the latest in healthcare innovations which seek to bring about NHS cost savings and efficiency.
At G2 Speech we value very highly the importance of technological innovation and regularly exhibit at this prestigious event. We’re thrilled to be able to showcase our speech technology product portfolio and the benefits our speech recognition solutions can bring to healthcare professionals.
This year’s event will take place on Wednesday 28 September 2016 at the Olympia, London. G2 Speech will be located at stand H570.
This year we will be showcasing:
- SpeechReport – with the latest advancements in our speech recognition and workflow management solution
- G2 Mobile – our brand new mobile application which integrates with our enterprise solution, designed for healthcare professionals on the go
- SpeechReport Cursor – providing speech recognition in any text field including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- G2 Analytics – our reporting solution to help you keep track of reporting KPIs.
G2 Speech provides the complete document management solution to the healthcare industry.
Areas of discussion at the event include:
– Why technological and digital transformation should be part of Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) to help local services evolve and become sustainable over the next 5 years
– How embracing technology and news way of working is key to delivering the Five Year – Forward View vision of better health, better patient care and improved NHS efficiency
– Digital in the context of New Models of Care: exemplary work from vanguards drawing the blueprints for the future of the NHS
– Delivering personalised and patient-centred care by engaging the Personalised Health and Care 2020 Framework
– Going ‘Paperless’ by 2018: saving billions, improving care and meeting the needs of changing demography
– Patient power: the promotion of self-care
– Driving savings through technological change: making the health sector journey easier for patients and improving communication between institutions